Movie Theaters in Israel: Moghrabi Theatre

Moghrabi Theatre

Moghrabi Square,  Tel Aviv

 

Architects: Joseph Berlin
Parking lot that replaced the Moghrabi Theatre

This Art Deco style movie house was opened in 1930, on Tel Aviv’s Moghrabi Square, designed by Israeli architect Joseph Berlin.

The Moghrabi Theatre opened on 13th February 1930.

One of the most beloved and remembered movie theatre of the one-screen era in Tel-Aviv.

The initial plan was to build opera house but the owner, Jacob Moghrabi, a wealthy merchant from Syria, changed his mind.

Built on the city’s main square, the Moghrabi Theatre was also a popular meeting place.

The Moghrabi closed in 1986 .

The building was demolished in the mid 90’s, and is used now as a parking space.