Hollywood 2017: Billy (Access Hollywood) Bush Rebukes Trump

Billy Bush is pushing back at President Trump’s statements that the voice on the infamous “grab ’em by the pussy” “Access Hollywood” tape is not his. He claims that Trump mad the comment, while Bush and seven other men were present.

“Of course he said it. And we laughed along, without a single doubt that this was hypothetical hot air from America’s highest-rated bloviator,” Bush wrote in NY Times op-ed on Sunday.

“Along with Trump and me, there were seven other guys present on the bus at the time, and every single one of us assumed we were listening to a crass standup act.”

Bush recounted several of the sexual harassment allegations against Trump, including those of Jill Harth and Kristin Anderson.

Bush continued, expressing remorse for his part in stroking “the ego of the big cash cow along the way to higher earnings,” referring to Trump’s tenure on “The Apprentice,” which at the time made him NBC’s “biggest star.”

He also affirmed his solidarity with the women reporting stories of sexual harassment from Trump, acknowledging the difficulty of “being summarily dismissed and called a liar.  You have my respect and admiration. You are culture warriors at the forefront of necessary change.”

Bush said that after getting fired from “Today,” “my last year has been an odyssey, the likes of which I hope to never face again: anger, anxiety, betrayal, humiliation, many selfish but, I hope, understandable emotions.”

Bush’s op-ed for the NY Times comes amid rumors that he may emerge from post-Trump exile for new TV work. He will appear on Monday’s edition of “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter

Speak Your Mind

*